Pyramid Atlantic offers internship opportunities four times a year to 2-4 enthusiastic, engaged, and serious-minded college or post-college artists. Our interns assist resident artists, renters, artistic staff, and with printmaking, papermaking and book arts projects. In addition to hands-on experience with artistic projects, interns gain an understanding of the day-to-day operation of a non-profit art center and gallery.
Typical intern tasks include:
-Maintaining the studios for visiting artists, renters, and outreach events
-Helping in the gallery with exhibition preparation, installation, and de-installation.
-Assisting in the production of prints or handmade paper
-Setting up and breaking down evening programs
-Assisting with events preparation
Interns work for Pyramid Atlantic 10 am-4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays of each week. Candidates should have a strong interest in art, be highly motivated, and comfortable working within a studio environment. Interns, in exchange, are given an opportunity to work on their own art in a creative and unique environment alongside experienced art professionals. Additionally, interns will also participate in an edition exchange and free workshops. During their internship, interns are expected to work on their own art at least one day a week. The internship will culminate in a group exhibition.
• Current resume of work experience
• Letter of intent highlighting why internship at Pyramid Atlantic is important to you and what skills and experience you would bring.
• 10-20 images of recent work
Paper applications are no longer accepted.
Apply online here
*NEW* Gallery Internships
Pyramid Atlantic is pleased to announce a new Gallery Internship opportunity. Gallery interns will work alongside Pyramid Atlantic’s Gallery Manager to help with monitoring gallery space and installing gallery exhibitions. In addition to hands-on exhibition experience, interns gain an understanding of the day-to-day operation of a non-profit art center and gallery. This a part-time, unpaid position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting gallery visitors at the front desk and answering any general inquiries
Maintaining a general upkeep of the gallery’s overall appearance
- Preparing exhibition materials
- Assisting Gallery Manager and Pyramid Atlantic staff at gallery openings and events
- Work on a long-term project over course of internship (i.e. curating an exhibition, updating archive)
- Providing any additional support for Gallery Manager
- Reliable, hard-working, detail-oriented individual
- Willing to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A professional appearance and demeanor along with comfort interacting with gallery visitors is essential
- Applicants currently studying or holding undergraduate or graduate degrees in art, art history, arts administration or a related field are encouraged to apply
- Pursuing a degree or graduated with a degree in Art, Arts Administration, or related area preferred
- Background in Printmaking, Screenprinting, Papermaking, Letterpress, or Book Arts
- Knowledge of current trends in those fields
- Experience designing exhibition materials (i.e. prospectus, postcards, brochures)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and video editing software is a plus, but not required
Gallery interns will be responsible for coming in 2-3 days (ideally Wednesdays & Fridays).
- Will get access to Pyramid Atlantic’s studios and will be given an exhibition or curating opportunity in exchange for internship.
- Must commit to entire internship period, with possibility of extension.
Apply Online Here
- Current resume of work experience
- 3 References
- Up to 10 images of your artwork (optional)
- Letter of intent highlighting why internship at Pyramid Atlantic is important to you and what skills and experience you would bring.
Quotes From Past Interns
"At Pyramid Atlantic, there is the opportunity to learn from everyone who walks through the door, and the internship program offers the resources and flexibility needed for interns to explore as we learn. The community is very supportive, and acted as an incubator for my own creative endeavors." - Melinda Thiessen, spring '13 intern
"Pyramid Atlantic has exposed me to a whole new kind of art - Book Arts! Through my experience, I have learned a great deal about screenprinting, printmaking, and papermaking. Pyramid Atlantic gives off this incredible vibe of work unity and I found it a joy to walk in almost every day of the week and be greeted by the hustle and bustle of everything that goes on at Pyramid." - Maria Victa, fall '12 & spring '13 intern