A program that provides concentrated work time for artists to explore new ideas in one of Pyramid Atlantic's studio disciplines.
Pyramid Atlantic is proud to offer a three month residency opportunity for artists working in the field of printmaking, papermaking or book arts (or combination of). Artists of all career stages are encouraged to apply for this residency. Two artists per session are selected by Pyramid Atlantic’s artistic staff. Resident artists work in a productive community atmosphere alongside other artists, and are expected to be in the studio at least 15-20 hours per week. Technical assistance is not included in the residency, but is available at an additional cost.
Keyholder Resident Artists receive:
- A $200 artist’s stipend
- 24-hour studio access
- Storage space
- Inclusion in Pyramid Atlantic’s permanent collection
- Promotion through Pyramid’s e-newsletter, blog and website
Keyholder Resident Artists are expected to:
- Care for equipment and tools
- Provide their own consumable supplies (paper, ink, newsprint, and the like)
- Give one artist’s talk or public demonstration
- Share the studio with other artists; working around workshops and outreach
Postmark deadlines and notifications:
Fall 2013 September 10-November 8
Application deadline: June 28
Notification: July 26
Winter 2014 January 7-March 7
Application deadline: November 8
Notification: December 6
Spring 2014 March 18- May 9
Application deadline: January 10
Notification: February 14
Summer 2014 May 20-August 8
Application deadline: March 7
Notification: April 4
- The application form
- Project Description-A one page letter of intent explaining your project, the studios you would like to work in, and your level of experience
- 10 images of recent work with a slide script, which should include title, media, dimension, and date.
- $20 Application Fee
- S.A.S.E. for return of materials
Mail or deliver application materials by the postmark deadline.
Please do not e-mail any materials.
Pyramid Atlantic Art Center
Attention: Keyholder Residency Program
8230 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20910
Claire Feng, Fall 2010 Keyholder Resident
Laura Kinneburg, Summer 2010 Keyholder Resident