A Virtual Workshop!
Join artist Sarah Matthews in this fun, intensive, and hands-on workshop where you will design and carve block prints to create a collection of meditatively repetitive, multi-colored, and decorative papers. This is an excellent opportunity to learn new skills in printmaking while meeting other creative people. At the end, you take away a stack of patterned prints that you made yourself, start to finish.
The class will meet virtually via Zoom for all three sessions, on the following schedule:
- Day 1, Saturday, September 12, 11am–12pm: Carving and introduction to inspirational videos (students then spend the week carving their plates)
- Day 2, Saturday, September 19, 11am–1pm: Printing
- Day 3, Friday, September 25, 6pm–7:30pm: Happy Hour + Share session!
Registration closes September 2, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Block. Print. Repeat! Online; Sep 12, 19, and 25; times vary
- Date & Time: 3-day workshop: Saturday, September 12, 11am-12pm EST; Saturday, September 19, 11am-1pm EST; and Friday, September 25, 6pm-7:30pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Sarah Matthews
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- Printmaking Pad
- Soft Kut Printing block, 12”x18”
- Utility Knife
- Power Grip Carving Tools
- Optional - Swiss Made Carving Tool
- Ink Pads (choose a variety of colors including yellow, red/pink, and blue)
- Cutting Mat
- Scrap paper or newsprint