Do you love custom graphic tees? Join us for a hands-on workshop dedicated to creating a one-a-kind stamp to print custom t-shirts in the comfort of your home! You will learn the basics of block printing, such as how to design, transfer your image, and carve your stamp. You will also learn how to do a proper registration of your stamp so you can print multiple shirts for friends and family.
Registration closes March 17, 2021 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Block Printed Tees; Mar 27; 10am-2pm
- Date & Time: Saturday, March 27, 10am-2pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Sarah Matthews
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- At least 3 cotton T-shirts without a v-neck (check out your local thrift stores)
- Mikisyo Power Grip Carving Tools, Five Piece Set (Basic)
- Soft Kut Printing Block
- Versacraft Fabric Stamping Ink (get at least one black and one color)
- Ominigrip Clear Ruler
- Scrap paper to practice printing and for protecting your surfaces
- Washi tape