Have you ever thought about making your own narrative drawings/comics but didn’t know where to start? Or wanted to learn ways to print your own comics with your printer at home? Join us for a two-day action-packed comics and zine-making extravaganza! On day one, you will learn quick drawing exercises you can incorporate into your daily practice to activate your creative thinking and build stories and characters of your own. From there, you will make a zine filled with your own comics! On day two, you will learn how to print and assemble your own zines using your printer at home! We will go through the basic at-home printing set-up, pagination techniques, and unique folding structures you can do using your printer at home. At the end, we will do a show-and-tell and a zine exchange!
All levels welcome—no prior drawing/writing experience necessary!
Registration closes June 2, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. Class recordings will also be made available to other registrants who may want to review the session. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Comics! Zines! How to Make Your Own! Online; Jun 9 and 16; 6:30–9:30pm
- Date & Time: 2-session workshop, Tuesdays, June 9 and June 16, 6:30–9:30pm via Zoom
- Instructor: Eliza Clifford
- Materials: Students will receive the full materials list, with any helpful links, at registration. The list includes:
- Index Cards (1 full pack)
- Black Flair Pens
- A notebook/journal to write/draw in
- Prompt Cards (instructor will send as part of your welcome email)
- Coloring/drawing materials (pens, markers, colored pencils, and/or crayons)
- 8.5x11 white printer paper
- Printer with scanner (if not available, the instructor will print for you)
- 8.5x11 printer paper (can be white or colored!)