A Virtual Workshop!
In this workshop students will learn how to make a book using the deceptively simple drum leaf binding. This binding is made entirely using adhesives, allowing full spread images without sewing through the pages. This workshop would be perfect for printmakers or paper artists who wish to turn existing works on heavy duty paper into a finished book.
Level: Intermediate—some previous bookmaking experience is helpful but not necessary.
Note: Registration closes October 15, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Cover image by Aubrey Dunn. Other sample images by Linda Rollins
Drum Leaf Binding Online; Oct 25; 10am-1pm
- Date & Time: Sunday, October 25, 10am-1pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Aubrey Dunn
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- PVA glue
- Cutting mat
- X-acto knife
- Glue brush
- Ruler (preferably metal)
- Waste paper or newsprint
- Optional but helpful: Wax paper, for interleaving pages
- Optional but helpful: A heavy book or books for pressing pages as they dry
- Paper - 20-30 sheets of cover weight paper (100 lbs or more); recommendations provided upon registration