A Virtual Workshop!
This five-session workshop is geared towards anyone who wants to learn how to draw what is sitting in front of them representationally, and strengthen the connection between what their eyes see and their hands do. Beginners welcome, as are experienced artists. You will learn practice techniques that will build your skills and muscle memory, and we will be doing a lot of drawing from observation.
Registration closes November 3, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Features images by Amy Callner
Eye to Hand to Tool: Drawing from Observation; starting Nov 10; 6pm-8pm
- Date & Time: 5-day workshop, Tuesdays, November 10, 17, 24, December 1 and 8, 6pm-8pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Amy Callner
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- Pad of inexpensive drawing paper, at least 9”x12”, 100 sheets
- 2B drawing pencil
- Pencil sharpener
- Kneaded eraser
- Vine charcoal sticks
- Black Sakura Micron Pen, size 08 (.5 mm) or similar ink pen
- Space to draw comfortably where you can sit for a while, with lighting you are comfortable observing in