A Virtual Workshop!
A "junk journal" is a handmade book created from many types of paper, often recycled materials like patterned papers, sheet music, envelopes, paper bags, maps, brochures, and more. In this workshop, you will take an old book and gather materials and other ephemera to create a unique journal that expresses your vision and style. Grab any drawings, stamps, stickers, and embellishments you like to personalize your very own junk journal!
Registration closes October 7, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Junk Journals Online; Oct 17; 11am-2pm
- Date & Time: Saturday, October 17, 11am-2pm via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Sarah Matthews
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- Old book with a spine width less than or equal to .75 inches
- Waxed Thread
- X-Acto Knife or Olfa Knife
- 2 Binder Clips
- Glue Sticks
- Bone Folder
- Bookbinding Needles
- Markers, stamps, embellishments - whatever you have on hand
- Various decorative, blank papers, etc. - whatever you have on hand