A Virtual Workshop!
Learn to screenprint from the comfort of your home! We will be creating stencils and using them to screenprint onto paper. This technique is something you can continue exploring at home without needing a darkroom or photo emulsion. Good for beginners or intermediate screenprinters looking to learn a new technique.
Registration closes February 14, 2021 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Low-Tech Screenprinting Online; Feb 24; 6pm-9pm
- Date & Time: Wednesday, February 24, 6-9pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Adi Segal
- Materials: Students will receive the full list of needed supplies (with helpful links) upon registration. The materials list includes:
- a clean screen of any size
- squeegee - sized to work with your screen
- newsprint or scrap paper
- paper to print on (Bristol pad or something similar works well)
- wax paper (the type you get in a roll for the kitchen)
- blue tape
- X-acto knife and/or scissors
- cutting mat/surface (for X-acto cutting)
- screenprinting ink for paper (at least 1 color, or more if you want to do multiple layers)
- hair dryer (optional, but useful if you want to do multiple layers)