In this short-form workshop, you will learn how to carve and print your own design using soft linoleum blocks. We will keep winter season themes in mind, but ultimately the design is up to you. No homework, and no experience necessary—just join us for lots of inky fun!
Registration closes December 8, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Relief Printed Winter Greetings; Dec 15; 7-9pm
- Date & Time: Tuesday, December 15, 7-9pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Amy Callner
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- One 4"x6" Easy Carve block
- A soft brayer, 3" or 4"
- A set of speedball carving tools or similar
- Water-based relief ink or acrylic paint
- Blank cards, 4"x6"
- Something to roll ink out onto: paper plate, acrylic sheet, disposable palette
- A putty or ink knife (or substitute a popsicle stick or tongue depressor)