Create beautiful one-of-a-kind tea towels and t-shirts by using the Shibori Indigo method of dyeing fabric. In this hands-on workshop you will learn the basics folding and binding techniques to create beautiful patterns on fabric.
Note: Registration closes July 14, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Shibori Indigo Dyeing Online; Jul 25; 10am-1pm
- Date & Time: Saturday, July 25, 10am–1pm via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Sarah Matthews
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- 1 Shibori Indigo Kit
- Wood beads
- 3 buckets with 1 lid
- T-shirts and/or Tea Towels to dye (100% cotton)
- Tarp or plastic trash bags