A Virtual Workshop!
You say potato, I say potahto … but we'll both say "print!" Summer is the perfect time to make relief prints using the starchy fruits and veggies of the season, including the humble potato. This is a great and eco-friendly method for anyone who wants to print at home or on the go. Using Zoom, you'll learn basic carving and printing techniques, then create your very own radiant prints using colors of your choosing—all from the comfort of home! No experience necessary.
Note: Registration closes August 15, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Zoom+Make: Fruit and Veggie Printmaking; Aug 24; 7-9pm
- Date & Time: Monday, August 24, 7-9pm via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Amy Callner
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- Fruit or veggies to carve (potatoes, large carrots, parsnips, apples, pears, lemons, oranges all work well)
- Craft or kitchen knifeAcrylic or fabric paint
- Styrofoam or plastic plate
- A foam roller or flat brush
- Paper - washi paper or construction paper
- Newsprint or waste paper (to protect surfaces from ink)
- Paper towels and/or old rags for clean-up
- An area where your prints can dry (unused table, clothesline, etc).