A Virtual Workshop!
Put on an apron and join us from home! Via Zoom conferencing, you'll learn the basic techniques for this traditional Japanese method of dyeing sheets of paper. Then, using simple food coloring, you'll produce your very own, ne-of-a-kind decorative paper, perfect for book arts, collage projects, and more. No experience necessary—all levels welcome.
Note: Registration closes August 10, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Zoom+Make: Orizomegami (Dyed Paper); Aug 19; 7-9pm
- Date & Time: Wednesday, August 19, 7-9pm via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Will Burke
- Materials: You'll need to gather and/or purchase the materials for this class, which include:
- 5-7 one cup containers (like yogurt containers)
- package of food coloring
- Hanshi paper or similar, 10-20 sheets
- Paper clips or clothespins
- popsicle sticks or chopsticks for stirring food coloring
- newspaper to cover work surface