Do you want to learn simple screen printing techniques and have some 'ready to hang' artwork complete in two hours? This Zoom+Make is the perfect way to try screenprinting before jumping into a full-length workshop. You'll choose from three designs (see images) and we will burn into a ready to pick up or ship to you screen. You provide the wooden panel, ink and brush and get ready to have some fun! You'll keep the screen so you can continue printing (maybe even on the walls)!
No experience necessary—all levels are welcome!
Registration closes March 9, 2021 to allow time for students to receive their screens and purchase additional materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Zoom+Make: Screenprinting on Wooden Panels; Mar 18; 7-9pm
- Date & Time: Thursday, March 18, 7-9pm EST via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: TBA
- Materials: The registration fee includes a screen prepped with your selected image (additional fee required for those needing their screen shipped). After registration students will receive the full list of additional materials needed (with any helpful links) to gather/purchase. The list includes:
- 10”x10” Wood Art Panels
- Stencil Brush
- Screenprinting inks (your choice of colors)
- Masking Tape
- Paper to practice printing on - any smooth surfaced paper, scrap paper, etc.
- Newsprint or scrap paper (to protect work surface from ink)
- Small bucket and water for clean-up