A Virtual Workshop!
Do you love binding books, but can't figure out (or remember!) the difference between a weaver's knot and a square knot? Join us for a lively evening dedicated to the ins and outs of bookbinding knots! In addition to demystifying the how-to of making these knots, you'll also get to make three small books that accompany, and show off, each tying method.
Note: Registration closes August 11, 2020 to allow time for students to purchase their materials. With your registration you'll receive the full materials list (with helpful links) to purchase your items, any helpful handouts about the process, as well as a quick 1-page "how-to" on downloading and using the Zoom video app.
PLEASE NOTE: All workshops will be recorded for Pyramid Atlantic's private use to better optimize our programming and share as examples for funders. You may mute your microphone or turn off your camera if you do not wish to be recorded.
Zoom+Make: Why Knot?; Aug 20; 7-9pm
- Date & Time: Thursday, August 20, 7-9pm via Zoom (invitation link will be sent to registrants before the event)
- Instructor: Sarah Matthews
- Materials: At registration, students will receive the full materials list (with any helpful links) to purchase supplies. The list includes:
- Crawford Waxed Linen Thread
- Bookbinding Needle
- Card stock, cut down to 5.5” x 8.5”
- Awl (or push-pin)
- Bone Folder