Make Pyramid ⚡ELECTRIC⚡ This Spring

Friends, We are asking you help make Pyramid ELECTRIC this spring and beyond! We have a $16,200 matching grant challenge from the Maryland Historical Trust to upgrade the lighting in our community studios (screenprinting, papermaking, print shop, bindery, and letterpress). The grant also helps cover replacing our heavy front door. We need a few more dollars to finish this match challenge. Can we count on you? What’s up with the lights? The studio lighting installed during our big renovation of the building ended up favoring form over function. Our crafty group of artists have strategically placed clip lamps, run extension cords, and politely complained ever since. With this matching grant, we are adding some serious overhead LED wattage as well as flexible wall-mounted task lighting. Help us say goodbye to clip lamp workarounds and hello to optimal illumination! What’s up with the doors? They are heavy, and take a certain amount of determination to open. This is problematic for three reasons: 1 - We’d hate to give the impression that we are closed, when we are open! 2 - Most artists are carrying stuff and need a door that opens with the push of a button the nudge of a backside; 3 - Accessibility - improvements will make it easier for everyone to come inside, regardless of how much you go to the gym, or if you walk, ride, or glide to get to Pyramid.

Clearly, the struggle is real …

How can you help? We need $8,000 more to meet this matching challenge.

DONATE TODAY to make Pyramid even more ELECTRIC.


Kate Taylor Davis, Executive Director

Gretchen Schermerhorn, Artistic Director

PS: Your gifts are critical to Pyramid’s operations. Revenue from workshops and sales only covers 60% of our budget. The remaining 40% comes from charitable contributions. Our work would not be possible without support from artists, volunteers, and donors like you.

# # #


Founded in 1981, Pyramid Atlantic is a nonprofit contemporary art center fostering the creative disciplines of papermaking, printmaking, and book arts within a collaborative community. We equip, educate, and exhibit in our historic Hyattsville home. Our vision is to create an artistic hub in Hyattsville that inspires and enables local, national, and international artists to create and innovate in our core disciplines; elevates the local arts and small business scene; and enhances the quality of life for artists and neighbors. We value artistic excellence, infrastructure for artists, hands-on experiences, and collaboration.


Pyramid Atlantic is grateful for the support of:


301.608.9101  |  4318 Gallatin Street, Hyattsville, MD 20781

HOURS (as of July 1, 2020):

Wednesday–Thursday 10am–8pm

Friday–Saturday 10am–6pm
Sunday 12pm–5pm

Closed Monday and Tuesday

  • Facebook Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • White Instagram Icon